Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

GMail and Opera Mini Experiance



yesterday i downloaded GMail and Opera Mini application for my mobile. Well let me first introduce to you that GMail is an email browser made for mobiles and Opera Mini is mini web browser for mobile made for those phones which supports Java. I have Sony Ericsson K700i mobile so first i went to "settings for java" option in my Mobile's connectivity menu and selected my GPRS profile through which i am able to surf any website. Here i should tell you that my Operator is CellOne.





After this i opened Opera mini 3.0 and selected New York Times from it's list of bookmarks and voila i saw this site on my mobile. Later on i installed GMail mobile application from www.lasyk.net and then downloaded VeriSign - Thawte Combined Root certificate zip file. I searched for PCA3ss_v4.509 file and after extracting it i renamed it with .cer extension. Then i transferred this certificate to my phone wirelessly and then opened GMail application. Entered my user name and password and guess what i got my mail box from which i am able to do anything what i do on my comp. Because of high data rates that is 1 paisa per kb ( 1 rupee=100 paise, $1=46 rupee approx.) i have disabled view pictures option in my mobile's native browser as well as Opera. I have also done some extra settings in GMail settings to prevent higher data charges.




so........you can see that world of information has come to my hand and i can use Internet and email whenever and wherever i want. I can also upload pictures through Opera and anyone can see on my opera album. For more info. on Opera mini :- http://www.operamini.com/



Thanks for reading.

Update:- here is the video for GMail Mobile



No comments: